In July 2020 the Government announced a Green Homes Grant, as part of their post-Covid economic recovery package. This is in the form of vouchers for up to £5,000 per household, or up to £10,000 for households in receipt of certain benefits, for improving the energy performance of their home. These vouchers will need to be spent by the end of March 2021. To be eligible you have to own your own home or be a landlord.
In our October open meeting, in partnership with Bristol Energy Co-operative, we will:
- Present the Green Homes Grant and explain how to access it
- Signpost to where you can get further support with accessing GHG
- Present some alternative options for making your home ready for winter if you are not eligible for the grant
- Discuss the downsides of the way the GHG has been structured, and how you can get involved in BEN’s efforts to influence how national government develops this into the future.
- Discuss new BEN projects for enabling community led retrofit that are in the pipeline
Sign up on eventbrite
Watch the open meeting on youtube.
Presentations can be downloaded from here