Energy Champions started during Green Capital year 2015. They have been supporting the REPLICATE project in Ashley, Easton and Lawrence Hill and are now helping out with the Warm Homes Advice and Money (WHAM project).
The vision is for every neighbourhood in Bristol to have a local person to turn to for energy advice, a person who would champion energy saving in their community.
Training is provided to Energy Champions to help enable them to support energy groups in the city, work with community groups wanting to run energy programmes or to start their own projects. We also have get-togethers so Energy Champions could meet each other and come up with ideas together.
In the past, Energy Champions have:
● Helped to conduct energy efficiency surveys
● Learnt how to construct solar panels and teaching others
● Carried out research
● Demonstrated new technologies
● Provided advice and support
Activities & Events
Energy Essentials training
Thursday 4 March 10-3pm at Centre for Sustainable Energy, St. James’ Court, Cannon St, BS1 3LH
The training will cover: –
- Supporting clients with issues with their energy suppliers, meters, bills and debt
- Understanding how to deal with damp and condensation
- An introduction to different heating methods and getting the best from your heating system
- Understanding the various types of home insulation
- Giving advice on the costs of running various electrical appliances
To book your place email Volunteers@cse.org.uk
If you are interested in becoming an Energy Champion or if you have an event you would like us to come along to, please email Caroline Ennion or phone 07871791679.