Host:Lockleaze Neighbourhood Trust
Theme: solar power for the city for the future
Please see the presentations and workshop outputs below.
Link to the Lockleaze Community Plan from Suzanne Wilson
Lockleaze Solar Rooftop Farm by David Saunders
Bristol Solar Map by Thomas Statham & Lenka Hašová
BEG Solar auction by Matt Wood
Link to the One City Plan from Mark Leach
BEN Update by Caroline Ennion
What can BEN do for you?
1. Send out a small survey to each of our members to secure funding bid that will better help BEN to support YOU!
2. Look at setting up a Spotlight on Community Buildings event and invite anchor organisations across the city
3. Add some governance documents and a guide to setting up new groups to the Resources section of the website
Initiate discussions with the different authorities in the West of England and WECA to look at a regional Solar Auction.
1. BEN to look into developing a tools for anchor organisations on writing Community Energy Plans, showcasing energy efficiency measures in community buildings and developing a business case for community energy projects
2. Revitalise the Greater Fishponds group to develop a community solar project supported by BEN
3. BEN to work include Ashley Community Housing in the WarmUpSkillUp project to address the energy efficiency performance gap of new-build housing and existing housing.
Toolkit for how communities and local authorities can work together
- Pull out the key learning points and key wins for both Local Authorities and Community Groups, with short summaries of each section
- The case studies need to include heroic failures and what we can learn from them
- This is all about people, so emphasise co-design and why it’s important for Local Authorities in particular to engage with communities through energy