At the network you could say our core purpose is to create an open platform to share and collaborate. Sharing the skills, knowledge, experience and expertise of people within Bristol and the surrounding area whilst working together for a smarter, greener future.
BUT why draw a line around Bristol? …well, ok the city-region may seem an appropriate size to develop connections and work together but there may also times when you would like to talk to a group who are doing similar things, are at a similar stage of development, or have undertaken a similar project to what your planning. So whilst there is lots of activity in here in Bristol, we’re often doing different things. That’s why we’ve teamed up with Community Action Groups, Oxfordshire to offer a means to connect with groups further a field, Oxfordshire to be precise.
Below is a list of Community Action Groups within Oxfordshire, click on the name to find out more about them.
Found a group that you would like to start a conversation with?
Drop us an email at Bristol.firstname.lastname@example.org (with the name of the group & what your interested in) and with the help of Simon Kenton from CAG Oxfordshire we’ll put you in touch the appropriate person in that group. Simple.
We’re not sure quite where this will lead – from a quick bit of advice or something more substantial – but lets see. We’re also hoping it will be reciprocal so should any groups approach us we hope you will be keen to return the favour.
Community Action Groups in Oxfordshire
- Abingdon Carbon Cutters *
- Appleton with Eaton CAGE
- Barracks Lane Community Garden
- Bicester BabyStore
- Broken Spoke Bike Co-op
- Bullingdon CAG
- CAGLeys – Blackbird Leys
- Canalside Environment Group
- Chalgrove Environment Network *
- Charlbury Green Hub *
- Dean Court CAG
- Duns Tew Community Action Group
- East Oxford Farmers’ & Community Market
- Grassroots Bicester *
- Great Milton Freecycle Live
- Green Broom
- Greening Chinnor
- Hook Norton Low Carbon *
- Kidlington vs Climate Change *
- LEN – Longworth Environmental Network
- Living Lightly in Dorchester, Burcot and Clifton Hampden
- Low Carbon Barton *
- Low Carbon East Oxford *
- Low Carbon Headington *
- Low Carbon Hub *
- Low Carbon Oxford North – LCON *
- Low Carbon South Oxford – LCSO *
- Low Carbon West Oxford – LCWO *
- Oxfordshire Chilterns Community Action
- Sustainable Blewbury *
- Sustainable Didcot
- Sustainable Faringdon *
- Sustainable Kirtlington
- Sustainable Stonesfield *
- Sustainable Wallingford *
- Sustainable Woodstock
- Talking Shop Sandford
- Thame Environment Group
- Transition Eynsham Area – TEA *
- Westmill Sustainable Energy Trust *
- Wheatley Community Action Group
- Woodcote Community Acton Group
Note: not all these groups are specifically energy orientated. They cover a range of issues, such as food, water, waste and recycling. So if you’re a Bristol foodie or recycling group and interested in linking up with one of the groups above please do drop us an email, we’d be more than happy to help. The ones with * s have energy projects.