Demand Energy Equality is a Bristol based grass-roots energy justice project. To fund our ongoing worked aimed at empowering low-income households with respect to the energy they need, we run DIY Solar PV workshops.
- Want to build DIY solar PV panels from reused materials.
- Want the ability to build DIY solar arrays for off-grid systems.
- Have attended the Off-grid 12V Systems course and want to take their learning further.
It is a one-day training course, in groups of up to ten people. It will usually run from 9:30-5, including 45min for lunch. You will learn:
- The electrical basics: current, voltage, resistance, power, series and parallel circuits.
- How to build DIY solar PV panels.
- How to test, understand and connect together your solar panels.
- Time permitting, how to test, understand and use 12V batteries with your panels, and how to power appliances.
- Information about the energy dilemma in the UK and possible future solutions.
You will be provided with all the materials you need to build your own 80W panel to take away. 12V batteries at affordable prices will also be available for purchase on the day.
Solar cells for future panel building and additional 12V batteries will be available to purchase very cheaply.
The cost for one participant is £120. The next workshop is on Saturday 18th May, in Bristol.
To book, please go to http://www.demandenergyequality.org/diy-solar-panel-building.html