Thirty-two energy efficient homes are opening this September 26-27 to show how people across the city are making their homes more comfortable, cheaper to heat and kinder to the environment.
Visitors will be welcomed and shown round a range of open homes by our friendly householders who will share their knowledge and experience of installing a range of low cost to high cost measures.
With concerns about energy increasing, and because old homes were designed for different lifestyles and demands from ours today, seeing what can be done in a home similar to yours can be inspiring and informative. And, with homes covering everything from low cost refurbishment to ambitious new-build, there’s something for everyone!
Improvements on show include:
- Low cost improvements
- Whole house retrofits
- Two off gas homes
- The latest technologies
- Impressive self builds
- Four SuperHomes
- Many examples of external wall insulation
- and much more!
What you need to know:
- Homes will be open between 12 noon and 6pm on Saturday, Sunday, or both days.
- Home 9 will run 45 minute tours at 1.30, 2.30 and 3.30 for a maximum of 20 people. Booking essential
- Visitors will be guided round the homes by the householder and a Bristol Green Doors volunteer
- Homes are free to visit, though donations towards running the event are extremely welcome
- Where sponsors have carried out work they will be available offer advice
- Each home’s case study can be picked up on the day, with full information available online
More info: http://www.bristolgreendoors.org/events