The Bristol Community Energy Fund is open for applications, with a deadline of 15 January.
What is the Bristol Community Energy Fund Grant Fund?
The Bristol Community Energy Fund is a Bristol City Council initiative with seed funding from the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS). Bristol City Council is working with Quartet Community Foundation to administer the grants as well as the Bristol Energy Network to provide support and guidance to prospective applicants to the Fund.
The grant programme supports activities with one of the following aims:
- To support local people to reduce their energy use (e.g. their use of electricity or gas)
- To support local people in moving toward cleaner renewable sources of energy
- To support local people to take measures that ensure they can afford to meet their energy needs
Projects/activities must meet one or more of the primary aims listed above and demonstrate that there is a clear need for the project/activity. The panel will also prioritise projects/activities that:
- Are led by and/or benefit communities that are most affected by energy issues.
- Are innovative
- Are good value for money
- Are submitted by applicant groups that have little access to other sources of funding