For Bristol to reach net zero carbon we all need to play our part. As roughly one third of our carbon emissions are from domestic energy use, there are lots of actions we can take to reduce our carbon footprint and make our energy system clean, green and affordable for everyone.
Bristol Energy Network is asking people to make your #EnergyPledge to help make Bristol’s energy system just and fair for people and the planet.
Why make an energy pledge? When we make a public pledge to do something, we’re much more likely to stick to it! And by sharing our pledges, we inspire our friends and family to take action too. The more people who #TakeClimateAction, the faster we’ll reach net zero carbon.
There are so many actions we can take – from small steps to big commitments. Here are a few suggestions of pledges that people have already made, or feel free to make your own!
- Lower my thermostat by a degree or two
- Unplug my charger
- Only fill the kettle with the water I need
- Take shorter showers
- Take part in climate actions and write to my local MP
- Inspire my friends and family to make their own pledges
- Switch to a renewable energy supplier
- Invest in a community owned renewable energy scheme eg BEC’s Community Hydro Scheme
- Walk, cycle or take the bus rather than drive, where possible
- Do an energy audit of my home eg CHEESE thermal imaging survey
- Change to LED lightbulbs (and turn them off!)
- Insulate and draughtproof my home