Boundless Futures and exists to provide a means of communication and influence for people living in the Ashley Ward area of Bristol, via community newsletter Vocalise magazine.
Ashley Ward encompasses the areas of St Pauls, St Werburghs and Montpelier. It is an area that ranks highly on national indices of multiple deprivation, particularly St Pauls, but it also diverse, creative and has huge potential.
Residents and organisations have called for a community magazine (‘Vocalise’) that will allow them to better communicate, be involved with local events, and improve community cohesion. We also help manage the area’s community noticeboards, put on regular events, and generally seek to improve Ashley Ward for all residents.
supporting local people to run their own regular meetings and develop a new Neighbourhood Plan. We also have groups of local volunteers who are updating and maintaining the community noticeboards. And every quarter, we print and distribute copies of Vocalise across the Ward – reaching every household, business and community venue.
Other initiatives they run include:
- Workshops that get local people directly involved in the production of Vocalise (journalism, photography, media and creative writing).
- Working with local parks and environmental groups to help maintain these vital spaces for the benefit of everyone, involving young people wherever possible.
- Holding regular launch events that celebrate the area’s immense diversity and talent.
- Being a voice for Ashley Ward – fighting for fairer funding, working alongside other organisations, drawing attention to injustices around social housing, employment and discrimination.
- Giving support and funding to resident-led, grassroots organisations in the area for initiatives around improving social cohesion, youth empowerment and skills.