Through this session, run by Voscur, we learnt about different funding sources, the principles of income diversity and how to write a winning funding application. Quartet Community Foundation gave advice about applying to their range of funds including the Bristol Community Energy Fund.
Attendees came from a range of community organisations, some were energy focused, some considering energy as a way of delivering other priorities and some hadn’t really thought much about energy issues yet but all were keen to learn more about how to raise funds for their projects.
- think about the range of funding opportunities (donations, grants, contracts, trading) and plan for a diversity of income sources
- be clear about your aims and the need for your planned activity
- show outcomes and longer term impact
General funding guidance:
- NCVO Know How Non-Profit – Funding & Income
- Voscur funding hub
- NCVO Writing a fantastic funding bid
- Garfield Weston guide to writing an application
- Funding Central database