The vision is for every neighbourhood in Bristol to have a local person to turn to for energy advice, a person who would champion energy saving in their community.
Training is provided to Energy Champions to help enable them to support energy groups in the city, work with community groups wanting to run energy programmes or to start their own projects. We also have get-togethers so Energy Champions could meet each other and come up with ideas together.
In the past, Energy Champions have got involved in:
● Taking Thermal Images of homes
● Helping conduct energy efficiency surveys
● Showing people around energy efficient homes
● Learning how to construct solar panels and teaching others
● Conducting small bits of research
● Participating in street parties, local events and tea parties
● Demonstrating new technologies
● Draft busting demonstrations and fitting
● Providing advice and support
At the next meeting we will be discussing our engagement strategy and exploring organising community feasts across the geography of the project Ashley, Easton, Lawrence Hill & Redcliffe so that we can find ways of talking about saving energy & saving the carbon in a comfortable way as well as sharing our cultural experiences through our food.
DIY Solar Phone Charger Workshops
20th Feb Wed, St Pauls Adventure Playground 10:00am – 4:00pm
6th Mar Wed, Docklands Youth Project – Full Circle 10:00am – 4:00pm
9th Mar Sat, Docklands Youth Project – Full Circle 10:00am – 4:00pm
Solar Float Workshops
Date TBC – we are planning a 5th workshop to work with local schools to create a carnival solar float for St Pauls Carnival watch this space for more details.
If you would like to find out more about becoming an Energy Champion, please get in touch with David Tudgey or phone 07846057470.