Become a member
Bristol Energy Network is an umbrella organisation for individuals and organisations with an interest in energy in Bristol and the surrounding area. Through the network we share skills, resources and connections and work together towards a fair and sustainable energy system. You can read more about the activities of our members on our About and Members pages.
The network is a Community Interest Company (CIC) limited by guarantee with a large membership. The network has two types of members: voting and non-voting members:
- Voting members consist of community initiatives in Bristol and the surrounding area.
- Non-voting members consist of individuals and organisations interested in the activities of the network.
Voting members have the right to vote at our Annual General Meeting, which includes voting for new directors. All members are regularly consulted with, on an ongoing and informal basis.
Why join BEN?
Benefits of joining Bristol Energy Network include:
- Support of energy related projects (eg information, guidance, promotion of events)
- Free training to help run your group effectively
- Access to shared resources (eg energy bike, stall materials)
- Opportunities to share skills and connect with like-minded people
- Collective voice to push for change
- Being part of a dynamic network to build an energy system that works for everyone
Membership is free and is open to non-profit organisations in Bristol and the surrounding area that are running energy related projects or have an active interest in energy issues. Members are entitled to attend all meetings and to vote on Bristol Energy Network resolutions at the Annual General Meeting and to vote to appoint new directors. Our open meetings are open to all, individuals and non-member organisations are welcome to join.
We expect our members to support our vision and values:
Our vision is a city where clean, green, affordable energy is delivered to the community by the community.
- For everyone – actively working to create an energy movement that reflects the diversity of Bristol communities and ensuring everyone has a chance to play a part in designing and carrying out the work;
- Open and honest – being accountable to those affected by our work by giving them the opportunity to be involved and openly sharing information about our activities;
- Community-led – communities, rather than private interests, lead the work and benefit from it;
- Sharing and supporting – working together, sharing learning and supporting each other to achieve shared goals.
How to apply to join BEN
To become a member please download and complete our basic application form and return to coordinator[at]bristolenergynetwork.org (replace [at] with @).