Top Down v. Grassroots
The Energy Transition Conference 2018 Report is now available!
DATE: 19th October 2018
TIME: 12.30 – 5pm
Venue: Level 1 Galleries, The Arnolfini, Bristol, BS1 4QA
As part of People’s Day of Green Great Britain week, Bristol Energy Network and Bristol City Council Energy Service hosted a conference in Bristol. The conference explored how taking control of energy has helped communities respond to local challenges and deliver social and economic benefits to their neighbourhoods. 10 years on from the Climate Change Act, we focussed on how communities, organisations and local authorities can work together more effectively to tackle fuel poverty and climate change.
We hosted a range of speakers to showcase the best community and local energy case studies in the South-West and from energy companies, local authorities, and national policy makers and influencers. Please click on the links below for the speakers slides that were displayed at the conference:
- David Tudgey (Bristol Energy Network) 1.1-Dave-Tudgey
- Alistair Macpherson (Plymouth Energy Company) 1.2-Alistair-Macpherson
- Peter Capener (Bath & West Community Energy) 1.3-Peter-Capener
- Jodie Giles (REGEN SW) 1.4-Jodie-Giles
- Paul Hassan (Locality) 1.5-Paul-Hassan
- MP Claire Perry (Minister of State for Energy & Clean Growth 1.6-Claire-Perry
- Hayley Ash (Bristol City Council Innovations Team) and Lorna Edwards (Bristol City Council Energy Service) 2.1 Lorna & Hayley
- Simon Proctor (Bristol Energy Ltd) 2.2-Simon-Proctor
- Rachel Coxcoon (Centre for Sustainable Energy)2.3-Rachel-Coxcoon
- Polly Billington (UK100) 2.4 Polly Billington
- Patrick Allcorn (Dept for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy) 2.5-Patrick-Allcorn
- Will Walker (Power to Change)2.6-Will-Walker
Links to videos of the speakers can be found here.
This event was jointly hosted by Bristol City Council and Bristol Energy Network; sponsored by Power to Change, Bristol Energy Ltd and supported by Community Energy England and the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).